We are currently seeking an experienced Lighting Design Engineer / Project Developer to join our team of committed professionals to work out of our Reading, PA or Fredericksburg VA office. This vital position will be responsible for analyzing existing lighting systems for energy performance and offering new designs that will out-perform the existing systems.
A strong commitment to customer excellence and strength in customer communication is critical for success in this position.
This position requires routine travel, and the employee can reasonably expect 25% + travel time in order to meet the demands of the position. Due to travel requirements, a valid driver’s license is required for this position. Various clearances will be required.
Atlantic Energy Concepts Inc. is recognized throughout the energy efficiency industry as a customer-driven company which sets new standards in forward-thinking implementation of energy-efficient products and services. Over the past five years we have saved our clients approximately $20 million in energy costs.
We have considerably reduced energy costs for hundreds of owners of commercial and industrial facilities, office buildings, as well as educational institutions and healthcare facilities. Typically our projects range in size from a tens of thousands to in excess of one million dollars.
Atlantic Energy Concepts Inc. has full-service offices in Reading, Pennsylvania and Fredericksburg, Virginia. We also have our Lite Pro Division, which is home to our team of professional installers, in Morgantown Indiana. Our service area is rapidly expanding to include almost every region of the country.
At Atlantic Energy Concepts Inc., our axiom is, “Your success is our commitment.” That applies not only to our clients, but to our staff as well. Since every member of our team is responsible for our organization’s success, we are equally committed to each individual. We look for people with an alignment of values, with vision, an energetic spirit, a thirst for knowledge, a drive to accomplish our corporate goals, a high degree of professional integrity, and genuine respect for our clients and staff. When you bring all this to the table, we assure you that we will do our very best to help you succeed with us.
We want to thank you for your interest in Atlantic Energy Concepts Inc. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package, as well as the chance to join a company experiencing strong strategic business growth. Our offices offer a truly collaborative environment where you will be given the freedom to follow your interests and goals, while being a valued member of a successful business team.
The right person for this position will possess:
- A high level of interest in improving energy efficiency in buildings
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Learning agility and desire to continuously seek new knowledge
- Proficiency with spreadsheets
- Strong technical writing, including writing reports, papers, specifications and guides
- Ability to develop, understand and meet project objectives, scope, budget and schedule
- Well-developed presentation and written communication skills
- Team orientation; Proactive communication skills working with colleagues and clients
- 4-6+ year’s progressive work experience in lighting design
- LC or CLEP designation
- Experience in design of electrical systems for commercial buildings
- Work experience and/or proven knowledge of the electrical design field a strong plus
- Experience with LitePro or AIG32 lighting design software and CAD experience a strong plus
- Experience working with Energy Service Companies is a plus
If you feel this is a fit for you, please complete the following information.