Responsible for managing and expanding both relationships and revenue with all of AEC customers in a designated territory. Our clients range from AEC’s key long term ESCOs (Energy Service Companies) to repeat commercial clients and lighting distributors. Your efforts will play a key role in growing the territory’s sales volume and client base. The Account Manager will report to the National Sales Director. This position requires routine travel, and the employee can reasonably expect 25% + travel time in order to meet the demands of the position. Due to travel requirements, a valid driver’s license is required for this position. Various clearances will be required. U.S. Citizenship or U.S. Permanent Resident status required.
Required Key skills and qualifications of an Account Manager
- A degree or the equivalent work experience is required along with a proven background in one or more of the following areas: Business Development, Finance, Technical Sales, Lighting Design or related experience in the energy or environmental field.
- Demonstrated history in meeting Multi-Million Dollar Sales Quotas.
- A proven track record in strong presentation skills is essential. Ability to present in a large group setting.
- Strong track record of successful business-to-business sales.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to read and comprehend technical bulletins, product cut sheets, and industry-related publications.
- Able to cold call on potential business and get to the key decision-makers.
- High level of confidence and ability to demonstrate the company value proposition.
- Need to have the ability to understand key financial metrics used to measure a projects performance and sale ability such as Payback, IRR, NPV and ROI.
- A high level of passion, desire to succeed, strong work ethic and a drive to self-motivate.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills essential to ensure managing of several accounts and project requirements simultaneously.
- Resourceful thinker and planner possessing the ability to identify and create sound solutions to counter competitive situations that will place AEC in a winning position.
- Proficient in working with Microsoft Office, Excel, Power-Point and Outlook.
- Must have a technical aptitude and be adept in working with current technology.
- Must have a clean drivers license and able to obtain security clearances.
- Conduct, appearance and communications must replicate a high level of professionalism and reflect positively on the Company at all times.
If you feel this is a fit for you, please complete the following information.