Lighting Controls are a key element to any successful lighting project and provide opportunities for additional energy – and cost-savings.
It is estimated that, depending upon the number and type of lighting controls installed, you can:
- Increase savings over and above the savings from just the new lighting system
- Provide you additional savings opportunities for LED exterior lighting
- Give you the opportunity to accumulate more LEED points
- Help you reduce your energy consumption to a level that earns you the EPACT tax deduction
- Help eliminate the “ownership factor” of turning lights off.
- Can be infrared (motion) and ultrasonically activated, or a combination of both
- Photocells provide a day light harvesting opportunity
- Able to self learn occupancy patterns and adjust to those patterns
- Offers flexibility; can be programmed to building occupants’ specific needs
- Removes “human element” of having to remember to turn off lights
Network Lighting Control Center
- Central location to control entire lighting systems Interior/Exterior
- Flexibility to make point-by-point adjustments from single location, allowing you to customize energy use and savings
- See overall control configuration and monitor energy use more closely
- Ability to monitor lamp/ballast lifecycles. Software available to alert to outages or when relamping is required.
- Can interface with Building Automation Systems